How to Manage Account Settings
In the web portal, you can update your secure file transfer account settings, including your name, email address, and password. You can also set up advanced settings, such as two-step authentication, quota alerts, and WebDAV access.
To manage account settings:
- In the Account Settings page, you can update account information, including:
- Use the First Name field to update your first name.
- Use the Last Name field to update your last name.
- Use the Email field to update your email address.
- Click the Change Password link to change your password.
- Use the Mobile Phone Number field to change your mobile phone number.
- Optionally, you can enable two-step authentication, which adds an extra layer of security to your account. Each time you log into the web portal, you will be prompted to enter an authentication code, which will be delivered to you through a mobile app, a text message, or an email, depending on your settings.
Note: Your administrator may require that you use two-step authentication. If you are required to set up two-step authentication, you will be prompted to configure an authentication mode when you log into your account.
- In the Authentication Mode field, select the delivery method through which you want to receive your authentication code. You can choose from Authenticator Mobile App, Text Message, and Email.
Note: If you select Authenticator Mobile App as your delivery method, you must install an authenticator app of your choice, such as Google Authenticator, Amazon AWS, Virtual MFA, or any of the many other TOTP-compatible apps available for download.
- In the Current Password field, enter your current password.
- In the Confirm Password field, confirm your password.
- Click the Submit button when you are finished. You will be redirected to the Confirm Two-Step Authentication
- In the Confirm Two-Step Authentication page, make sure you write down your backup key. The backup key will be used to recover your account if you are unable to provide the correct authentication code.
- In the Authentication Code field, enter the authentication code that you receive through your mobile app, email, or text message.
Note: Authentication codes are only valid for a limited amount of time. Make sure you enter your validation code promptly.
- Click the Submit button when you are finished.
- In the Account Settings page, you can optionally use the Email Me When I Reach checkbox fields to configure alerts when you reach a certain percentage of quota.
- Click the Save button when you are finished making changes to your account.