With the Outlook plugin, you can email a link to files and folders from your Microsoft Outlook application. This feature is useful when you need to share large files or folders with recipients, and you don’t want to send them as standard attachments.
Note: This feature is only supported for Microsoft Outlook installed on Windows operating systems; Microsoft Outlook installed on Mac operating systems does not support third-party plugins.
This section will explain how to share files using the Outlook plugin, including:
- How to Install the Outlook Plugin;
- How to Configure the Outlook Plugin; and
- How to Use the Outlook Plugin.
How to Install the Outlook Plugin
Before you can use the Outlook plugin, you must first download it from the web portal.
To download the Outlook plugin:
The file will start to download, or you will be prompted to save the file, depending on your browser type.
- When the file finishes downloading, make sure Microsoft Outlook is closed, and click the installation file. The Setup Wizard opens.
- Click the Next button to start the Setup Wizard.
- In the License Agreement screen, click the I accept the agreement radio button if you accept the license. Then, click the Next button to continue.
- In the Installation Directory screen, select the location where you want the installation files to reside on your local machine. In most instances, you can accept the default location. Click the Next button to continue.
- In the Ready to Install screen, click the Next button to begin the installation process.
- When the Setup Wizard completes, click the Finish button.