Selective Sync lets end users select which Team Shares and sub-folders sync down to their local machines. With Selective Sync, users can easily prioritize the content that is most important to them while saving on bandwidth and storage costs. Users can still access all of the data they have stored in the cloud, whether it is synced locally or not, through the web portal.
The Selective Sync feature is configurable through the agent installed on both Windows and Mac machines.
To conserve bandwidth and local storage resources, only sync the folders that you work with most frequently. Remember that you can always change the folders that sync locally as content needs change.
For New Users: How to Selectively Sync Folders During Agent Registration
After installing the AXIS CloudSync agent on a desktop or laptop, the Registration wizard prompts the user to select the content that should sync down to the local machine.
- After the Setup wizard completes, the Registration wizard will automatically launch. Click the Next button to begin the registration process. For full instructions on how to install the agent, please reference the How to Install and Configure the Agent Knowledgebase article.
- When the wizard displays the Selective Sync screen, click the Sync Everything to this Machine radio button to sync down all Team Share content and personal folders currently stored in AXIS CloudSync and available to your account.
- Alternatively, click the Customize radio button to deselect content that you do not want on your local machine.
You can unsubscribe your local machine from syncing a Team Share root by deselecting the top-level checkbox adjacent to the appropriate Team Share root.
You can also click to expand individual Team Shares to deselect Team Share sub-folders, or click to expand My Files to deselect personal folders.
- Continue the registration process until completion.
For Existing Users: How to Selectively Sync Folders After Agent Registration
You can also use the Selective Sync feature after registration is complete.
- Click the system tray icon and select Show Synced Folders. The Properties dialog box displays, showing the Advanced tab.
- Click the Selective Sync button.
In the Selective Sync pop-up window, click to expand individual Team Shares to select or deselect Team Share roots or Team Share sub-folders. Alternatively, click to expand My Files to select or deselect personal folders.
Note: Personal root subscription is required for content to sync locally. For this reason, you cannot deselect the top-level My Files folder.
- Click the OK button when you are finished selecting and deselecting content. A confirmation dialog box will display, notifying you that only the selected items will sync down to your machine. All other folders will still be available in the web portal, and on any other device that can selectively sync content.