How to Register AXIS CloudSync Tool
After AXIS CloudSync Tool is installed, it must be registered to your user account so that it can recognize the files and folders that belong to you.
To register AXIS CloudSync Tool on a Windows or Mac machine:
- After the Setup Wizard completes, the Registration Wizard will automatically launch. Alternatively, click the AXIS CloudSync Tool icon on your computer’s system tray or menu bar, and select Register. The Registration Wizard
Note: On a Windows machine, the AXIS CloudSync Tool icon is located in the lower right-hand corner of the screen; on a Mac machine, the AXIS CloudSync Tool icon is located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- In the Log into AXIS CloudSync screen, enter your login credentials as provided by your administrator. Click the Next button to continue.
- In the Choose Setup Type screen, select either a typical or advanced installation path for synced documents, where all files, folders, and shares can be accessed on your local machine. When you select a typical path, Synced Folder can be accessed in the following location: C:\Users\[User Name]\AXIS CloudSync Folder. In most instances, you can select the Typical radio button. Click the Next button to continue.
- Alternatively, you can choose an advanced installation path, and specify a custom area where the AXIS CloudSync Folder can be accessed. If you want to specify a custom area where the AXIS CloudSync Folder can be accessed, click the Advanced radio button, and then click the Next button to continue.
- In the Choose your AXIS CloudSync Folder location screen, click the Change button to specify another location on your local machine. Click the Next button when you are finished.
- In some cases, if you have previously installed AXIS CloudSync Folder using the same settings, you will receive a warning message indicating that a folder already exists. Click the OK button to merge with the existing folder, and then continue with the Registration Wizard.
Click the Finish button when the Registration Wizard completes.