Why Can’t I Sync a Live Database in AXIS Cloud Sync
- Lacerte Files
- Live Databases (.dbs)
- Microsoft Access Databases
- Quickbook Files
- .pst Files
AXIS Cloud Sync does not support the syncing of live databases for the following reasons:
- We can’t read live database files while they are open. While our scan will pick any changes up (runs every hour), many people never close these programs and are confused when no updates get sent up.
- Because of the above, simultaneous access can result in the creation of many collision files, which can become a nightmare for end-users to reconcile.
- Live databases create many temp files and manipulates its primary files in ways that would require us to create special exclusions and pattern-matching algorithms. We had to do the same for Office and AutoCAD.
However AXIS Cloud Sync does recommend:
- Keep live databases on your file server
- For users that need remote access to live database files, setup a terminal server that can access the file server
- Use AXIS Cloud Sync for other parts of the file server to cloud-enable the other cloud data.
Currently live databases are not supported, however we are looking into supporting this in the future.